Progress swimming pool and ice rink De Vliet, Leiden
The municipality of Leiden wants to realize two new sports complexes in the coming years, which will accommodate, among other things, an. Pieters Bouwtechniek is the structural engineer for this project. The architectural design is by . .
Construction is currently in full swing. The concrete work is now almost ready; the steel construction is placed.
Swimming pool and ice rink De Vliet
The following facilities will soon be located in the new complex:
- 250m ice rink, 30m x 60m ice floor and 45m x 20m scribble rink, for long track speed skating, ice hockey, short track speed skating and figure skating,
- a grandstand with 300 seats for the ice floor and 250 seats for the 250-meter track,
- 35 meters x 25 meters indoor pool for top sport water polo and short course swimming,
- communal entrance and catering for ice rink and indoor swimming pool,
- facilities and spaces for skating and swimming clubs.
- The circular track will be situated on the 1st floor and will partly go over the scribble track.
The building will be 'off the gas' and will be 100% CO2 neutral. This will make it one of the most sustainable sports complexes in the Netherlands. The residual heat from the ice rink is used to heat the swimming water. The roof of the new swimming pool and the ice rink will be covered with solar panels.
The progress of the construction can be followed in a .
- The tender for construction partners has been completed.
- Construction started in October 2021.
- If everything goes according to plan, the combination pool will be ready in the second quarter of 2023. From then on, visitors can take their first laps in the pool or put on their skates with the skating season 2023.
(Source: amongst others the
Return to the news overview